is a leader in research and innovation in the prevention of HIV and other health issues. We are a non-profit organization that is focused on organizational development through effective human resources management and capacity development processes to enable our personnel to work as efficiently as possible. Based on equality and community participation, which drives good public health policy. In addition, IHRI is a regional resource for research, education and training.
stands for the elimination of stigma and discrimination and respect for diversity, to allow individuals to truly demonstrate their full potential, meet challenges, and have opportunities for career advancement and personal development to build a creative society together with us.
The Program Manager (Implementation Science Unit) will oversee, lead and provide technical oversight in designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the implementation of the Key Population-Led Health Services model and related research for more innovative, effective and robust approaches and strategies. The Program Manager will strengthen, expand and sustain the research and service delivery capacities of KP-led organizations and facilitate the better use of data to inform and improve the quality of KPLHS and related policies and practices at all levels. This will involve engagement with advocacy activities to advance and highlight the critical role of key populations in ending AIDS.
1. Oversee, manage, provide technical oversight and support for all
aspects of the studies and programs implemented under KPLHS
– study preparation, launch, conduct of recruitment and development
of study procedures, monitoring, evaluating and reporting
– preparation, implementation and evaluation of related programs
2. Ensure effective project plans and budget are in place and work
proactively with the team to set priorities in accordance with project
plan, study protocol, standard operating procedures (SOPs), ICH/GCP
guidelines and regulatory requirements
3. Manage and oversee the implementation of research studies and
programs, ensure that the studies enrollment is conducted in
accordance with the stipulations of Good Clinical Practice and the
approved study protocols, and that services which are implemented as
part of the programs are evidence based and technically sound
4. Provide technical assistance and capacity strengthening to KP-led
organizations, and other national and international organizations as
5. Lead the development and documentation of lessons learned and
best practices from the studies and programs to support the further
scaling up and replication of KPLSH model in other settings
6. Foster collaboration among principal investigators, field research
teams, and implementing partners and represent the IHRI to
advocate for KPLHS and related policies at all levels
7. Providing leadership on work supervision and decision making to
8. Supporting finance and grants aspects of assigned programs
9. Supportive and partnership role to colleagues and overall staff
10. Representing IHRI
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Thai citizen.
2. Master’s degree in public health, population studies, public
administration, implementation science or a related field.
– 10 years’ experience in relevant HIV project management and
implementation science experience required with at least 3 years as
– Experience in managing moderately complex projects and studies
preferably with an international NGO.
– Good experience in project management, including project design,
implementation, monitoring and evaluation, preferably for grants from
multiple public donors, (USAID preferred).
– Experience working with government and local partners and
institutions to influence program and policy change and develop
capacity to conduct and use research data
– Knowledge of HIV and AIDS related to key populations and gender
– Broad technical knowledge and competencies in the areas of HIV
prevention, care and treatment, HIV testing and counselling, care and
support for infected and affected children, HIV-related stigma and
– Knowledge of USAID and PEPFAR donor requirements and
– Key Population-Led Health Services concept
– Good Participatory Practice
– Human Rights
– Global and Thailand Ending AIDS strategy
5. Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO),
government agency, or private organization.
6. Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive
manner with clients and staffs